02.09.2021 - Flu & COVID vaccination Update.
This year flu vaccinations and Covid-19 booster vaccinations will be delivered as a combined program by the Shrewsbury Primary Care Network and will take place at Severn Fields Health Village for all qualifying patients.
We are still awaiting Government/JVCI guidance before further planning can proceed but please note all qualifying patients will be invited to book an appointment or be contacted with an appointment for vaccination.
Flu invites for all 2 & 3-year-olds are being sent out currently and these vaccines will be delivered in-house.
Please do not contact your Medical Practice as you will be contacted directly as soon as further updates are available.
Our Flu clinics will be running very differently this year. This is to ensure the safety of our patients and our staff.
Am I eligible?
Flu can affect anyone but if you have a long-term health condition the effects of flu can make it worse even if the condition is well managed and you normally feel well. You should have the free flu vaccine if you are:
- Frontline health and social care workers
- Aged 65 or Over
Or have a long term condition such as:
- Heart problem
- Chest complaint or breathing difficulties, including bronchitis, emphysema or severe asthma
- Kidney disease
- Lowered immunity due to disease or treatment (such as steroid medication or cancer treatment)
- Liver disease
- Had a stroke or a transient ischaemic attack (TIA)
- Neurological condition, eg multiple sclerosis (MS), cerebral palsy
- Learning disability
- Problem with your spleen, eg sickle cell disease, or you have had your spleen removed