Patient Participation Group
The Aims of the Patient Participation Group
Our Patient Participation Group is a group of patients of the practice who act as a link between the practice and you, the patient. Its aim is to help us to provide a better service to meet your needs. The Group meets regularly and also holds a number of social events throughout the year. New members are very welcome.
If you are interested in further information or wish to join the Support Group, please contact Amanda Lloyd, Practice Manager, here at the surgery.
Patient Practice Group Signup
Patient Practice Group Contact Form
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
Getting Your View
The group would like to contact patients on occasion by email and/or text so that they can obtain the views of the widest group of patients possible. We would like to obtain your email address and mobile phone number to do this. Please complete the Patient Contact Form to provide your consent for this.
Benefits of a Patient Participation Group
Good for the patient because:
- Patients will be more responsible for their own health
- Patient will have better understanding and knowledge of the practice and its staff
- Patients will be consulted about arrangements for their primary health care before decisions are made
- Patients will benefit from improved communications between patients and staff
- Patients will have a forum to suggest positive ideas and voice concerns
Good for practice staff because:
- Doctors and their staff will be able to plan services jointly with patients in order to increase their effectiveness
- They will be able to help patients with non-medical issues such as loneliness
- They will be able to get help from patients in meeting targets and objectives
- They will have a forum to voice concerns, ideas and suggestions to patients
- They will get closer to the community for whom they care
Good for the community because:
- Patients will have an organisation through which they can help other patients in need
- Patients will be able to acquire an idea of what is needed to improve health care, and make sure the patient view is always represented
- Patients by maintaining an open dialogue with doctors and other health professionals will increase the accountability of the staff
- Patients will have an opportunity to become involved in other community initiatives e.g.,healthy living centres
Healthwatch Shropshire works to help people get the best out of their local health and social care services.
For more information go to www.healthwatchshropshire.co.uk.
Please note that this link is provided as a courtesy to our patients. The practice will note be held responsible for any acts/omissions of the Healthwatch Shropshire group and does not necessarily agree with any of the group's policies, views or campaigns.